Welcome to the Centre William-Hingston
The Centre’s mission is to facilitate the integration of non–French-speaking immigrants and other adults by teaching the French language. An expert staff supports students at every stage of the learning process and our course (level 4) is an acceptable proof of your language skills when applying for Canadian citizenship.
The Centre is located in the heart of the multiethnic Park Extension neighbourhood, in a complex shared with a number of other organizations. Among them are Barthélemy-Vimont Elementary School and several municipal facilities, including a library, an exhibition hall for the borough cultural centre and an indoor swimming pool. A childcare centre, a day care and numerous community organizations complete the picture.
- French as a second language: beginners, intermediate and advanced (level 4 recognized for canadian citizenship).
- Francization-alpha (literacy)
- Francization — theatre arts
- Daycare assistant
- Guidance counsellor
- Social worker
- Cultural facilitator
- Modern computer lab
- Resource centre
- Extracurricular activities
For full-time day classes or part-time evening classes, you must register in person. Call 514 596-4700, extension 0, for an appointment.
You must show one of the following documents:
- Canadian birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship card
- Permanent resident card
- Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence
- Québec selection certificate (category R8/refugee)
- Refugee Claimant Identification Document
- Work permit, category 07-08-20-22-23-25-26-(27*)- 28 or 98
- Certificate of statutory situation
- Interim Federal Health Program eligibility certificate
Additional service fee:
$55, payable upon registration